I asked myself - what can I do differently this year to drive me to inspire and create change in my own community?
Here's a list of some ways I can be a more effective leader :
- Lead by example - When leading, I must teach people instead of tell. This way, my actions will inspire others to do more .
- Mentor and Motivate - Inspiring people to follow is not enough to call one a great leader. People need mentors and teachers to train them to become great leaders too.
- Trust - an environment of trust increases morale and creates a workplace filled with happy innovators !
- Collaborate - always work as a team .
- Celebrate - celebrate wins, goals met, achievements. This encourages the team to focus on the positive.
I look forward to add to this list as I go through the course and learn from experiences that come along the way !
How about you? What can you do differently, as a leader, to inspire and create change in your own community?